Thursday, November 26, 2015

Traditional Thanksgiving Dish: Winter Succotash!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Although I love cooking, I hardly ever make Thanksgiving dinner. I have enough aunts to make much more food than the family could ever eat. Thus, it's hardly necessary for me to cook. However, this year, I'm determined to make food and contribute to our Thanksgiving feast.

Since my family is Asian, I wanted to do something more educational. Succotash is something that most likely be


Winter Succotash

INGREDIENTS:


1 tablespoon of olive oil

1/2 tablespoon of canola or another high heat oil like coconut or peanut oil

1 1/2 Cup of winter squash ( I used butternut)

1 Cup of corn

1 Bell Pepper, chopped

1 can of Luma Bean

Dried herb: thyme

Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Add oil to pan and then sautee the butter Squash over medium high heat until slightly soften. About 7 minutes.
2. Add corn and bell pepper. Add dried herb. Reduce heat.
3. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until done.