Monday, November 23, 2015

...I'm really back at it

I guess I didn't have the best start. I think I must have started the second post at least five times before I completely forgot about it. However, late is better than not at all right? Well, at least, that's what I am telling myself.

Lately, I have been cooking and made some pretty delicious meals, if I do say so myself. Also, my kitchen, although still tiny, had acquired more tools for me to play with. Two items that brought me much excitement are a slow cooker and a pressure cooker. I haven't experimented with the pressure cooker yet but the slow cooker had had plenty of used. Two dishes I was very proud of were an Irish stew and a white bean chili. I have photographic documentations for neither of those unfortunately. Hunger got the best of me.

Anyway, I've been on the vegan/vegetarian kick. Not that I'll ever go completely vegan, but more on that later. So, I made this last night as a before dinner snack.

However, I didn't think my snack was hearty enough. So, I added a poached egg. Still healthy. I've been in love with poached egg since Japan. They put it on everything. One of the many things I loved to put poached eggs on is Zaru Soba.


Soba was going to be my second post. My time on Japan had greatly influenced my taste buds. I will write a post about Soba and Japanese food. The next couple of post will be about Thanksgiving. Happy cooking!